Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mostly pictures

I've finally started to get into the flow of things here in Kabul. Every day is easier. I learn more Dari, meet more people and feel more comfortable with my students and my colleagues. It's still hard to believe that just four short months ago I was living the sheltered life of a conservatory student. That life seems so distant now. Anyways, I would like to devote this entry to sharing a few pictures from the past week...
A group of young ANIM boys


My student, Fikria, performing
Afghan ensemble with Ustad Murad before a performance
Faculty recital at ANIM
Student percussion performance

Student performance at the UN Peace Day event
Irfan Khan, the extraordinary sarod teacher
Stay tuned for more updates and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment